Paul

Paul

SMILEYSKULL

SMILEYSKULL
Half the story is a dangerous thing

DISCLAIMER

All content on this blog is the copyright © of Paul Murray (unless noted otherwise / reposts etc.) and the intellectual property is owned by him, however, the purpose of this forum is to share the content with all who dare to venture here.
The subject matter is adult in nature so those who are easily offended, misunderstand satire, or are generally too uptight to have a good time or even like who they are, it's probably a good idea to leave now.
Enjoy responsibly...

Saturday 4 January 2014

Something worthwhile on my keyboard...






Someone who has just recently left Facebook for personal reasons said this to me:

"We are all giving away way too much great stuff to Zuckerberg."

I agree with her and will, this year, be doing a lot more creative writing via my blog which does automatically post to my Facebook wall. 
I've noticed, however, that fb friends are much less inclined to take the additional step of clicking the link and waiting for the blog post to open. 
Not that it's hard but we seem to have become so programmed to instantaneous abbreviation that any extra "effort" isn't considered. 
Oh well, your loss. 
I'll be expanding that exposure too. 
By the way: thanks to you all who've bought my eBook, GREY.
Not setting the world ablaze but sales are steadily chugging along. 

There will be much more effort to engage with other creative writing sites and journalists (such as this lady is) as there is much to say and I have a will and, I'm told, a voice with which to say it. 
If you're interested in journalism of an altogether more substantive quality, check out Truth Barrier at www.truthbarrier.com


Happy trails, people.
http://truthbarrier.com

2 comments:

grantsmith said...

Good idea! The other trick is SEO. If you can optimise what you're writing according to what people are looking for then you'll get traffic :)

PG Murray said...

There have been some suggestions from the blogger guys to change some of the script on the HTML segment to ensure that searches find posts as well as the blog.
I haven't been clever enough to figure it out yet as the layout doesn't look the same as mine.
There was also a problem with a link to a proxy server site every time I wanted to click a link from my blog.
Seems that was caused by my calendar gadget which I have now removed negating that issue.
Will be reinvestigating SEO again now the the blog is "clean"